I have been trying to look online at 2009 upcoming half marathons in Texas, and have found a few but want to participate in one that is going to be something I can accomplish- I am not good with running up and down hills-at least not for long distances, and since I live in a town that is flat I dont really have a way to work on that. So i am looking for a first timer freindly, mostly flat half marathon in Texas-Any ideas?
4 comments:
We're running the Cow Town half in February. Google "run on texas" They always have a list of races going on in your area from 5K to marathons etc. I've never run cow town or any half marathon for that matter, but Ft. Worth isn't terribly hilly that I know of. Good luck.
I don't know about the flatness or anything, but Anne-Marie and I are running the Cow Town half also (I think. I know we're going to Fort Worth in February :)).
Good luck!!
P.S. someone told me I looked like you the other day..I was so flattered!!! Then she gushed about how beautiful you were :)
Thanks so much-I have looked checked out the website-It will be nice to have people there that I know!!!
Thanks for your imput, and Emily you are so kind-That Hilton gene came out strong!
As far as a bigger race, I have only done Cowtown. I think it is flat as far as courses go. There are some hills, but nothing major. Don't do Austin! I have heard it has killer hills (and it is on Sunday).
There is one in Galveston or Surfside in the Spring too (I've never done, talk to Natalie). Baton Rouge has a flat one the first weekend in December every year. That was my favorite (and my best time).
Last year, at Cowtown, Jonny's family came and we all participated in something. It was so much fun! It would be great to have enough people to make it like that again.
Post a Comment