There were a few mishaps:
*MD liked throwing snow at me but hated it when I retaliated. Finally he gave in when I refused to just let him pelt me and took his snow to Hyrum.
*Hyrums nose started running IMMEDIATELY! Usually I wear some cotton gloves but today I put on waterproof so it made it difficult to wipe that nasty nose. Finally I just closed my eyes and pretended that I wasn't wiping snot all over myself.
*We made a snowman THE HARD WAY! Michael showed up after about 30 minutes of us being outside and proceeded to roll a snowball then roll that snowball on the ground until he ended up with a huge ball. In the pictures you will see the difference between mine and his. My only consolation is that mine looks nicer :) Why can't I have been born with a brain that can make situations easier??
In actuality the mishaps ended up partly making the time outside fun (Well not the snotty nose) I didn't pull out the camera until later so you miss Hyrum sliding down a snow slide someone in our complex kindly made for our enjoyment (Unknowingly) and MD trying so hard to pick up the huge snowballs his dad would make. I had a feeling that I get only every once in awhile where I look at my family and think "Man I could do this for the rest of my life." (Haha then I give myself 2 hours and the boys have been sent to their rooms for getting on top of their daddys dresser and throwing pieces of his glass chess set from his mission at the walls and realize that I will probably be certifiably insane when this is done :) But this morning was a good one!
Looking down at them from outside my door
Being from Texas I seldom enjoyed snow (though it apparently snows there more now that I have left. ) Its nice to actually have changing seasons and experience the good things that go with each of them.
1 comment:
the chess set part made me laugh a little...kids, dear sweet kids
Post a Comment