Superheroes in Training

Tuesday, January 19, 2010

The differences between my kids

Sometimes I just sit back and watch my kids. Tonight was one of those times as my kids invited me to their room and started asking to play "piggy piggy" (This little piggy.) So I start to play and both my kids go CRAZY! Any kind of adult interaction just fuels their craziness and my kids were literally bouncing off the walls. Many a kisses were given and a couple of tears wiped away but that didn't put a damper on their fun. Watching them play made me think about my two little boys and how DIFFERENT they are but how well they mesh together!

Hyrum could never have thrived as the oldest! My life as well as everyone else in this family would have been absolute CHAOS! He is the antagonizer in this family and his way of having fun is keeping everything riled up. HE is the one who broke my glasses, the blinds, flushed his toys down the toilet, colored on our floors and the walls, rubbed butter AND lotion on the couch and has ripped apart my scriptures. He doesn't give a hoot about what I think or what is "allowed" in our house. On the other side of things he is my baby who has just enough fat left on his body to make him impossible for me NOT to snuggle (Which he hates:) He gives me kisses every time I say "oww!" (he kisses where he can reach and I have received a lot of kisses on my hind end.) He loves to make me laugh and loves to have me snuggle with him when he doesn't want to go to bed. Watching him I have realized he is a ROSS through and through! He was named SO appropriately (Hyrum JOHNNY) and in my opinion acts so much like his grandpa and all the other huge personality people from my side of the family that I think it is a shame we don't get to spend more time with them. Hyrum will be the one CONSTANTLY in trouble when he gets older with his attitude of "I'm just going to do it." MD will be snickering from the sidelines because It was MDs idea for whatever Hyrum did in the first place :)

MD is the IDEAL older brother. Where Hyrum is a Ross, MD is a Huish through and through. Serious from birth I feel like in some ways I am getting a glimpse of how my husband was as a child. He is not unhappy just serious and solemn. Hyrum gets him pretty riled up but it is usually never MD who ends up breaking the rules, it is usually MD crying after Hyrum after HYRUM breaks the rules. MD is SO conscious of me. Yeah lately he has been giving me headaches with his desire to be his own person, but usually he helps out around the house, entertains Hyrum and keeps reminding me of things I forget. Where Hyrum doesn't give a hoot, MD has a deep desire to be good. That desire gets swayed sometimes when he sends Hyrum out on his missions to see if the coast is clear (it usually never is.) I see so much of MD's daddy in him. He is cute all all get out but has no desire to get affection from anyone but me. Many people try to win him over but MD is a one woman kind of guy, and I love that I am that woman for now. He does seem to warm up to grandparents pretty fast, but they are the only exceptions.

It is just interesting to me to see such different people in my children. In church we were talking about how our children came to us as spirits with full fledged personalities brought from the spirit world. It is clear that my two kids were chosen from two circles who are so completely different from each other but who complement each other well.

So tonight as I watched my kids bounce, bump, cry and laugh I was reminded of how wonderful it is that we are all unique. Each member brings good things (and bad things) to this relationship but together we really do make up a complete family (Well for now :) no this is not an announcement.

No comments: