In case my last two posts did not illustrate how awesome it is for me to be the mother of these two boys let once again give you a glimpse into my life of crazy!
Oh my sweet sweet boys-Always wanting to cuddle with me when they first wake up but are intent on pinching my cheeks and slapping my face when I need to get up-which is what happened this morning. It happens most mornings these days and I have learned to roll over and hide my face under my blanket, but this morning Hyrum was onto my trickery and woke me up perched on my neck pinching my cheeks and slapping my face.
Today the Library has toddler time where we go and they put on a show geared to these little kids. So I got myself dressed, loaded the kids into the car and set off. The boys had a blast. Hyrum was dancing in my lap and MD was jumping around while holding onto a woman in front of us-I think he was confused and thought it was me :) On the way out MD starts pulling books from the shelves and dumping them on the floor while Hyrum takes the opportunity to dash off in a different direction. I grab MD, sprint after Hyrum and just decide to check out the books MD had dropped rather then try to return them-that was a mistake. On the way out I was having a hard time holding onto everything so I had Hyrum holding onto my pinkie and MD holding onto my other hand. Of course once we reach the parking lot MD rips his hand out of mine and tries to run out into oncoming traffic. Desperately I scream out his name and tell him if he does not stop NOW he will be in big trouble. He looks at me and starts yelling "NO!!! NO!!! NO!!!" but luckily does stop. We have quite an audience by now as I go and grab MDs arm and march him to the car. He is still screaming and I feel slightly humiliated. It is not something I normally would feel bad for but having an audience witnessing MD and I's exchange of not very pleasant words made me feel like I had committed a sin. Surely no one ever yells at their children right??? Or grabs them by the wrist and whisper threats as we march them to the car? (Along the lines of "just wait until we get home! Grrrrr") I know I need more finesse and grace as I deal with my childs impending death but today just got away from me. Luckily for MD the car ride made me feel a little calmer and he was saved from too much torture. We did however send him to bed 10 minutes early-something he did willingly since I think he was tired anyway and the thought of staying in moms company probably no longer appealed to him.
I received an email shortly after the boys went down that thoroughly depressed me and I went to cry it out with my husband. Luckily my husband speaks my language and sent me out with the credit card with instructions to buy myself some snacks. 40 Dollars later I came home ready to face my life. Unfortunately that led me to find both children on top of my desk-One reprogramming our computer and the other sitting on top of my new printer! They also had called some woman which I wasn't aware of until AFTER I griped them out. She heard every word. Once again the feelings of shame came over me and I felt like I horrible mother. Michael tried to cheer me up through dinner and told me that today I was under enough stress and that we were going to enjoy eating junk food tonight. He also suggested calling my mom-which I did. I put the boys in the bathtub with all of their tub toys and was visiting with my mom when I walk in to find they had pulled the plunger, the toilet cleaner brush and it's stand into the bathroom with them. Floating around those they had pulled my lotions, some shampoo and some baby oil in as well. This time I didn't say a word but pulled out the nasties and soaped down my kids as best I could.
Right now they are in their bedroom no doubt plotting on how to best drive their mommy crazy next.
Once again I feel the need to express that I actually LOVE my life and I LOVE my crazy kids. I am not a perfect mom but I guess there is a reason they were sent to me. They constantly keep me laughing and days like these generally make me appreciate the good days even more. This is just my life and that is why it is documented :)
3 comments:
It was probably when I was in high school that my sister and I used to try and guess what parents were whispering into their kids ears during church...it looked sweet and innocent but we were sure they were saying something like "If you don't sit down and be quiet I'm going to take you out and beat you!"...now that I"m a mom I not so loving whisper that into my own children's ears...except for the beating part...but you get the picture.
Love you Laurie and glad you are documenting these things so that when MD and Hyrum's kids are doing the same to them...you can tell them these stories.
Good story telling. When we leave the gym everyday it is the same situation as you leaving the library (except with a baby on my hip instead of books in hand) I look like a circus show yelling "DON'T RUN" "WATCH OUT A CAR!" "COME BACK HERE! HOLD MY HAND!"
I am inspired by how well you document the daily happenings. I need to do a better job. These memories will be so precious later. Don't worry we all feel like you do!!!
Post a Comment