Holy Moly that place has changed. It has been 6 years since I last visited and I barely recognized the place. The school is AMAZING! A tiny part of me is jealous that I didn't get to experience all the cool new add-ons and buildings that popped up. They also got rid of Thor the Viking that used to hang out in the athletics building (Can't remember the name of it off the top of my head) and I was a little bothered that I couldn't find him and take my picture with him. Oh well....
We showed up around two and I was STARVING! I had held off eating anything besides a piece of fruit for breakfast and that was not a good move for someone carrying around a half grown baby. So the first thing I wanted to do was find my old favorite Chinese place Fongs. (Michael got a real kick out of the name) It was delicious by the way-Michael had some real doubts when he drove up and saw how dilapidated the building looked.
Enjoying the local wildlife while we picnicked at the park. The squirrels in Rexburg are the most tame I have ever seen squirrels.
The stadium. Some of my favorite memories of BYU were the outside concerts they would have here. Anyone remember the Beatles? (I know they were Beatles impersonators but they were awesome anyway!)
The Taylor Building. It was basically the "Chapel" of BYU Idaho. I had my religion classes in here.
We visited the gardens where I used to go hang out on Sundays after church. That place changed too-they cut down most of the willow trees I used to love. The place is still gorgeous and peaceful though.
This is a new addition! Of course it was finished being built shortly after I left. My Brother and Sister in Law (Joel and Crystal) were married on the day it was dedicated.
We drove up to it (Yes I am a sissy. I walked most of the way there then started having sharp pains in my side that would spread down my back so Michael made me stop and instead we walked back to our car and drove the rest of the way) It was so windy! I had these intentions to take a romantic stroll around the temple grounds, but instead I snapped a few pictures and hopped back into the car where it was nice and warm.
This is the place I always passed that made me feel like I was finally back (Or leaving) Rexburg. It's a hideous car rental place in the shape of an igloo. I just couldn't resist snapping a picture of it on the way out. Goodbye Rexburg!









3 comments:
Happy Anniversary love birds! Laurie you are gorgeous and I"m so glad Michael takes such good care of you! We love you both and are so glad you got married to each other!!!
that black and white picture at the bottom of y'all is to die for! what a sweet trip down memory lane! I want to do this exact thing now back at BYU Provo with Jake :)
Oh the fun we had at good ole' BYU-I. Happy Anniversary guys!!
Post a Comment