Superheroes in Training

Monday, June 4, 2012

Turning 4

Hyrum Johnny, you are like my personal ray of sunshine. You brighten whatever room you're in, and no am not just saying that because of your red hair! Your personality is so sunny and full of life.  I have always considered you my "easy" child, and I am so grateful for your sweetness. I had no idea  what a blessing would come into my life when your father told me he felt like it was time to have another baby. I admit I was terrified at having 2 so quickly after having 1 but you made it such a wonderful experience.

You and Michael Dunn are the best of friends. I mentioned to your daddy the other day that having you and Michael so close is like one of you always being able to have your best friend over to play every day. Lucky boys!

You are the biggest daredevil 4 year old I have ever seen. You jump down stairs, do flips on the couch, do cartwheels and forward rolls and pretty much anything you think of you do. You are constantly coming up with new tricks and new ideas. I love watching your imagination at work. You are some superhero every day with some sort of quest to accomplish. Lately you have been asking if there is anything I have for you to do. I usually have some chores and you happily run off to complete that quest.

You still love me so completely and are constantly begging for my attention. The most common phrases out of you mouth are "Watch me mommy!" or "Mommy whatcha doing?" or one of my favorites "Mommy talk to me!" I try to give you as much attention as I can, though it is not near as much as you want. You also still want me to come and lay down next to you when you go to bed at night and it is such a sweet time for me when I do.  It truly has been a joy having you in my life! So Happy Birthday my fantastic four year old.


No comments: