It's no secret that my boys are superheroes disguised as mild/wild mannered Huish boys. Everyday they are off in some new disguise to save a princess (ME :) or to defeat the current enemy.
Since I am responsible for keeping them looking legit I get to come up with some of their new alter ego's.
I decided a few weeks ago that they needed someone REAL to portray so I decided to create the Captain Moroni suit. We presented them to the boys at Family Home Evening while we talked about "Putting on the armor of God"
That night the boys had a new quest.
Instead of fighting Monsters and Bad guys these boys ran around fighting "Sin" (Their choice, not mine)
My favorite quote of the night was from MD who after swinging his sword and blocking with his shield complained that "Sin won't stop getting up after I knock it down!" (Mind you he was coming up with this as he went along)
His Daddy told him to use his shield of Faith
After many more whacks at "sin" MD decided he was the victor.
Hyrum fought a little more quietly but the result was the same.
Since I am responsible for keeping them looking legit I get to come up with some of their new alter ego's.
I decided a few weeks ago that they needed someone REAL to portray so I decided to create the Captain Moroni suit. We presented them to the boys at Family Home Evening while we talked about "Putting on the armor of God"
That night the boys had a new quest.
Instead of fighting Monsters and Bad guys these boys ran around fighting "Sin" (Their choice, not mine)
My favorite quote of the night was from MD who after swinging his sword and blocking with his shield complained that "Sin won't stop getting up after I knock it down!" (Mind you he was coming up with this as he went along)
His Daddy told him to use his shield of Faith
After many more whacks at "sin" MD decided he was the victor.
Hyrum fought a little more quietly but the result was the same.
This looks like something off the old movie "Saturdays Warriors" to me :)
Seth getting in on the action-We have a part sheriff/storm trooper/ Stripling warrior.
The "fight" moved outside
Off to save the world
I have been reading about the 2000 stripling warriors and their story has touched my heart in a way that it never has before. I think realizing that the majority of my time and energy will be raising my own latter day warriors has made me relate more to this story. I think it is a wonderful example of young men, but even more I think it is such a wonderful tribute to the potential mothers have in being an influence on their families and their communities.
-Alma ch 56 vs 47-48







No comments:
Post a Comment