"Hey boys-you want to go shooting?"
About a week ago I realized I needed to have an attitude shift. No more was I going to dream about hair ribbons and dolls (At least for now) Instead I was going to (Try) to fall in love with superheroes, big trucks, bathroom jokes and nasty bodily functions because I am in the business of raising boys. (Or as Hyrum would have you know "I'm not a boy anymore-I'm a GUY!") Luckily their daddy is about as much as a mans man as you can get. His attitudes and interests have rubbed off on these boys and they LOVE doing anything he does. So going shooting seriously got that (above pictured) kind of reaction.
I quickly threw together a "lunch" consisting of marshmallows and a big bag of chips. Their enthusiasm might have been partly a side affect of the sugar and fat coursing through their veins.
Seth and I contributed to the fun by looking at all the fun rocks everywhere. It was very exciting.
The "guys" got locked up in their car seats during the real shooting. After a few minutes of hearing some loud squeals and laughter I investigated only to find the guys ears stuffed with this:
Apparently marshmallows work just as well as earplugs.
Here I have documented Seth having a minute of patience. After that minute was up he whined until we got home.
Of course Today MD informed his daddy that real superheroes use swords not guns. He then used his pirate sword to chop off his daddy's legs to prove his point.







2 comments:
Robert saw the picture of Michael Dunn and asked who it was. I told him it was his cousin Michael and he said..."whoa, he grew!" Can't wait to get these boys together again. Obviously it has been way to long!
So dang cute!
Post a Comment