Since Hyrum is constantly asking me if he can help me, I end up with a
lot of "help" baking these days. Sometimes I get a little more creative (Usually when I have a little more energy:) and come up with some chore. However since I am not allowed to do much besides baking I have to stick to teaching them the basics. And yes, Bluberry muffins during blueberry season is a basic! This batch was made almost exclusively
by this boy. Impressed they turned out? So was I :)
"Mom watch me! I'm shooting my lasers!" Can I just say how much I HATE this costume!!! He has a couple of other superman costumes but he always comes back to this one-Hence it's thrashed condition.
Showing me how awesome he is at being the army superhero. One of his biggest concerns these days is that people won't recognize who he is. (An army guy.)
Seth passed the time by practicing his body art
He was pretty good at it
I have to admit that baking these days has had a calming influence on me. I get a bit cranky when I have nothing to do and I have struggled with this idea that I am barely allowed to do ANYTHING. I can't really eat anything so I live on Michael's comments and they give me a strange thrill when he tells me how good something is. (The blueberry muffins got 2 thumbs up) I am looking forward to a time-say 6 months from now-when I get to resume some of my previous hobbies, but at least my fridge is getting pretty well stocked with baked goods!







1 comment:
Do you like scrapbooking or cross stitching? That's usually what I do when I'm on bedrest...more the cross stitching. Well I'm enjoying you blogging more so keep it coming. Wish we lived by you so we could benefit from your baking! :) Love you!
Post a Comment