
Michael left back for Afghanistan this Monday. It has been a little bit of a rough transition having him leave again but I am so grateful that he had this time to come home and be here for the birth of Hyrum.
I felt like I was on vacation. My sweet husband took over and helped out so much. I didn't change one of Hyrums diapers until he left (Almost two weeks) I never cleaned a thing and I enjoyed tons of sweets and goodies. It was so nice to relax and visit with him. I realize how much I take for granted when he is gone. Just being able to sit and have a conversation is so nice. Also having someone else for MD to follow around takes so much pressure off of myself! Anyway I miss him but I am so proud of him. He is such a good example and I am so grateful that he wants to defend his family and his country. I think he has a tougher time of it when he is gone then me-it is so hard for him to leave his family and watch his children grow up from pictures. He loves his boys so much. But he has never complained and has always listens to me patiently when I felt overwhelmed with all the stuff that accompanies a deployment.
Anyway I feel like I am on a roller coaster ride and hopefully the next 6 months (or so) speeds by quickly
7 comments:
This picture made me get all teary! What a great husband and dad he is! I can't imagine how hard it must be for both of you to be apart - I can't stand it when Calder comes home from school late - and we don't even have any kids!
i am so so so glad he got to be here with you guys and you got to get a little spoiled!! I hope you're feeling better and you sound so happy, you are such a strong person Laurie, you always were. I love you lots and will come by and visit soon if thats okay!
So glad Micheal was able to be there... I understand exactly how you are feeling right now... just keep a really tight and consistant schedule... it will go by faster than you know it... ok some days not so fast..other days will! You have a beautiful family!
Love you Laurie! I'm so glad he was able to come home and you could have some time together. You are an amazing woman!
you have me crying right now...
your posts are all so great!
husbands in uniform with their babies always make me smile. it is something to see a tough soldier holding a tiny baby
I totally bawled my eyes out. What a sweet picture. I love it. You should frame it and hang in the boys' room. Laurie you're so brave. I'd be a wreck. Thanks for your family's sacrifice.
This pic made me teary too! I can NOT imagine how you do it. I know you have to, so you do, but wow. I am so proud of you Laurie! I love your new family pictures--they are beautiful and you look so good. You do NOT look like you just had a baby!
Post a Comment