Superheroes in Training

Monday, June 30, 2008

Email

Email to Michael:

Dear Brothers and Sisters,
Effective July 1, 2008 the Church has organized the Kabul Afghanistan Military District. This district will encompass all of Afghanistan. A district presidency has been called. The district presidency will report to Elder Dennis B. Neuenschwander and Elder Bruce D. Porter of the First Quorum of the Seventy. The Kabul Afghanistan Military District has been assigned to the Middle East / Northern Africa Desk at Church headquarters. Elder Neuenschwander and Elder Porter will be responsible for managing the church in the countries included in this region of the world. These Brethren will report to Elder Jeffrey R. Holland of the Quorum of the Twelve Apostles.
The following brethren have been called to serve as the district presidency:

District President: Eugene J. Wikle
First Counselor: Nathan W. Noyes
Second Counselor: Rodney R. Hullinger

These brethren reside in Kabul and serve at Camp Eggers. Attached is a photo of the new Kabul Afghanistan Military District Presidency (left to right - Brother Rodney R. Hullinger, Second Counselor, President Eugene J. Wikle, Brother Nathan W. Noyes, First Counselor).

There are currently over 400 members serving in Afghanistan at 36 locations and there are 17 Service Member Groups. In the near future military service member branches will be established at selected locations. As District President, I will have the priesthood keys to act as a judge in Israel. These priesthood keys will be conferred upon me by General Authorities during my visit to Church headquarters on August 15th. As branches are organized, the branch presidents will also have conferred upon them the keys to act as a judge in Israel. All of the service member groups will continue to function as currently organized. I will continue to send to you a weekly devotional message and other information that I receive from church headquarters.
This is a historic event for the Church and for you as you serve in Afghanistan. In the coming weeks I will have more information to share with you about the newly formed district.

As your district presidency, Brother Noyes, Brother Hullinger and I are committed to serving the Lord and you. We look forward to assisting you and doing the Lord's will in His vineyard of Afghanistan. We pray for your safety and success as you serve in Afghanistan.
Best regards and stay safe,


Eugene J. Wikle

District President

Kabul Afghanistan Military District




I am so excited for this! What a blessing it is watch the church expand to these places in the world!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

how impressive! I cannot wait for Jake to read this!

Callie said...

How wonderful, to know the Lord's church can reach everyone!!