Superheroes in Training

Tuesday, June 24, 2008

Fun Facts about Hyrum

He is a happy boy-though he is happiest when he is asleep. I have caught him smiling and giggling at night. During the day he is very alert and watchful-quick to watch for mommy so he can call me over to pick him up.
He is my champion pooper. He loves to poop. During his first bath he pooped, every time I change his diaper he poops 30 seconds later and on one occasion I wasn't fast enough and he pooped on the bed. He introduces himself to whoever is holding him by pooping.
He is great at communicating what he wants. When he is hungry he starts yelling. When he wants to be held he starts yelling. When he wants away from MD he yells. I am becoming fluent in understanding "baby"
He is a really good sport-Every time it is time to nurse and he has to eat mommy's "yucky milk" He shows his displeasure by pulling off and making a "this is nasty" face and pretty much taking about 3 or 4 minutes just to start eating. I guess it is the first sip that is nasty because after he decides to try again, he chows down.
Hyrum is Michael's favorite toy. Michael loves pushing the baby button. What will happen when I push this? (usually his eye) Oh he screams!
Hyrum is a good snuggler. I forgot how much I love to hold babies that don't want me to put them down. I have enjoyed holding Hyrum after he eats and smelling his "baby" smell. '

He is a fun addition to our family!

5 comments:

Melissa said...

I am so happy for you!! It sounds like you are having a blast. I can't wait to be a mother of 2 as well. Hyrum is so adorable, I can't quite tell who he looks like yet. I need to see more pictures. ;) Love you!

Anonymous said...

how cute! what is "yucky milk" ???

funny about the poops! everytime my sis in law held aimi lark she would EXPLODE all over her as a newborn... babies are funny.

great post!

Meg Barry said...

Good for you Hyrum...start developing the talents early on! I love you Lou, great pic btw.

marla said...

Hi Laurie and Michael. It is Aunt Marla from Ca. and I just had to tell you congratulations. Your pics and storylines are so fun, and your boys are just beautiful!! We are so excited that Michael got to come home for the birth, and spend a little time with all of you. We are awfully proud of him, and you too, it is so hard having him away at this time I know. Anyhow. tell Michael Howdy from his Aunt Marla, and keep the wonderful pics and blogs going, they are such fun to read, and we feel like we already know you through them!! I can see how you and Michael would get along great just by the humor that you show in your blogs. We will keep Michael and all of you in our prayers.

Joel and Crystal said...

He is so beautiful Laurie! Keep posting picks so we can see him grow! Love you!