I really just lie around most of the day taking care of Hyrum and nursing. The reality of two children has not really sunk in yet.Michael Dunn is not doing so well with this new little invader. He is fine with him as long as he stays in his bassinet and requires no attention from anyone. He will try to get anyone who happens to be holding Hyrum to put him down and hold him instead, but if I am holding Hyrum he just avoids me. Poor kid-it has been hard for him because I also am not allowed to hold him for 6 weeks. He has, for the most part, stopped coming and reaching up for me to pick him up. He did have a melt down this evening. After he took his bath he was screaming and reaching for me so I had him put into my lap and we sat and rocked. He then ran off naked back to the bathroom, but his Grandma caught him and brought him into his room to get changed. I followed them in there and MD started crying. I went to get him a bottle and came back to him crying hysterically and trying to get to me. We sat and cuddled for awhile and then Michael came in and we sang to MD and then did his night time routine. It was sad and sweet to watch him calm down. You can tell his little world is rocked and he is confused and upset by this new change. I think he really needed the one-on-one time with Mommy and Daddy without any other babies present.
It has been SO wonderful having Michael home. He showed up last Saturday night with a bouquet of roses and lots of presents (IPod, scrap booking materials, and LOTS of books)
He has been helping me non stop with everything since he has been home. He is so good with his boys. I love watching him play around with MD. It is one of the things I miss the most when he is gone. MD loves being with his dad as well. He will drag him around the house or follow him from room to room copying anything that he thinks is funny. I love having him around the house-when he is here this is much more laughter.
3 comments:
you totally made me tear up! change is so hard for little ones. I think a new baby and daddy home would be hard for anyone. y'all are so strong! keep it up! thanks for sharing :)
Laurie, I love this picture of the boys. I felt bad for Robert too after Rebekah was born. Your mom keeps reminding me that one day they will both be so glad to have each other. And amen about it being so nice to have your mother in law around. We are enjoying her too. Enjoy the help while you have it. Reality will hit soon enough.
I'm so glad Mom is there and you are able to relax and enjoy this first little bit. I'm sorry Michael Dunn is having such a hard time, the addition of a new little one really does change their whole world. I think it is great you and Michael are giving him that one on one time when you can. It will get better, he just has to get use to all the changes he can't quite understand right now. You will love watching your two boys grow up together!!
Post a Comment