So Mr. Independent has turned into Mr. affectionate in a BIG way these days. MD, who for the past several months has been trying to put some distance between him and his clingy mother, has made it where lately it's anything I can do just to get a moments peace! About a week ago MD started kissing me-And when I say kissing I mean he sprints a marathon up and down my arm giggling as I try to rip it away from him. If I am walking up the stairs he will latch onto my leg saying "Mommy don't leave me!" and wants me to physically pull him up with me while he holds on my leg for the ride. Today at church he was singing the opening hymn when I figured out what he was ACTUALLY screaming (Singing and screaming go hand in hand for our boys) He was shrieking "I LOVE YOU!!!!! I LOVE YOUUUUUU!!!!!! I LOOOOOVEEEEEE YOU!!!" and when I tried to shush him he looked at me and said " But mommy-I am singing I love you!!!"
I am not sure what caused this abrupt change in attitude, and seriously this kid is turning into quite the romantic. Luckily there are still no girls besides myself that holds Romeos interest, but still part of me is starting to feel the need to caution any mother who comes over that MD MIGHT decide to smother her daughter with kisses-literally.
1 comment:
That is so cute! It has been so long since we have seen you guys. I hope you guys are doing well! Can't wait to get together again!
Post a Comment