Here are some updates in the whole family.
Michael is doing good. He was able to call on Sunday while the rest of the soldiers were watching the super bowl. We were able to talk for about 30 minutes. He is still really busy with classes, training and guard duty. He did guard duty yesterday, but his relief never came so he ended up doing double guard duty. He also found out where he can go to have a warm bath (He has yet to have one) He has been going to the trailers, but they are freezing, and he was told that those in the tents were warm. When he went there however something was wrong and it was just as cold. When he was leaving though, he heard someone yell, "We Fixed it!" I hope he has been able to have a warm shower:)
I (Laurie) am doing really good. I had a little cold but it seems to have moved on and I am only left with the yucky runny nose and deeper voice. I have been working on ways to curb my appetite. It seems like I can never get full now! (The joys of being pregnant) I am trying to fight my 45 pound weight gain that I am sure will be coming, by refusing to get on a scale and pretend that I am not eating as much as I have been. I have finished off all of my cookies and goodies and have replaced them with fruits and vegetables. I feel like I am on a diet however and so if anyone has any advice on how to forget that you are always hungry when pregnant I would love to know! I have also started back on my walks. It has been a little more difficult since the weather has been so bad here.
Michael Dunn is such a cutie. I realize I love every stage he enters. He is trying to walk, but can't find the balance. He has become such a cheerful baby full of personality. He sits and talks to me or himself in a happy little voice, and loves to push things, then chase after them. We found that he likes peas that I have cooked and prepared, he could eat the whole batch if I would let him! He also loves bananas (Thank you Grandma and Grandpa Huish:) and I have to be careful to not give him that everyday, because he gets so excited when he sees one. He has learned what the piano does, and loves to bang bang bang! And loves to follow his mommy around and try to do the things that she is doing.
Baby Huish is doing good to. He kicks more and more and always seems to be awake in the middle of the night. I have really enjoyed feeling the baby move. I am not a big fan of being pregnant, but this is my favorite part. Such a special thing between mother and baby.
No comments:
Post a Comment