Michael has made it to Afghanistan! He has gone on little to no sleep since Sunday-part of which he is trying to acclimate himself to the time change (It is about a 10 1/2 hour difference between us) and I think that they have kept him really busy. He told me that the base they are reporting to had no idea that they were coming so they could be stuck at this other base for a couple of weeks. It is nice to finally know that he is there and he is OK. He would love emails and letters and his email address is: michaelhuish30@yahoo.com
4 comments:
Hi Laurie, My name is Lesa Miller, I am a good friend of Callies, I have known the Huishes since I was 15 years old, infact my sister in Law Melissa is Callies Cousin... I just want you to know that You and Michael are in my prayers, my husband is also in the Army, active duty, we are stationed at Ft. Lewis, Washington, prior to here, we were in Germany for 3 and a half years, I have been through two deployments to Iraq, not full years, long stories, but the first one I was pregnant, and the second, I had a 15 month old and 5 months pregnant, so I understand how you feel having Michael gone, with a CUTE little boy and being pregnant..I just want you to know that I am thinking of you and you are in my prayers.. and I cant believe little (BIG/TALL) Michael is married with kids! hahaaa... sorry if this was random and wierd! Take Care!
Thanks so much for your comments! I am excited to talk to someone who knows what it feels like to have a husband in the army. I can't complain-we have been so blessed, but sometimes it is hard. On a random note, I love looking at blogs, is it OK if I add you to my list?
Of course you can add me to your list! I try not to complain either, there have been so many benefits of being in the Military, but it is so hard when he leaves, that I almost forget the blessings that it has given us! Not that Afghanistan is better than Iraq, but I could only hope Doug could get sent there.. but that wont happen, in about 11 months they are supposed to be going back to Iraq... but you know the Army, everything is always up in the air and things change! Good luck, and dont forget to ask for help, it will keep you SANE!!!!
You know I AM grateful Michael is in Afghanistan, It does seem to have settled down there. Good Luck! We will be praying for ya'll. It does kind of stink how up in the air it seems to be lately. Michael was told 3 or 4 dates of when he would be leaving and we didn't find out the correct one until it was almost time for him to go!
Post a Comment