Superheroes in Training

Tuesday, February 26, 2008

My Sweet Mornings

Most mornings since Michael has been gone Michael Dunn has woken up at 7:00 in the morning. I am not necessarily a morning person and love to squeeze in as much sleep as possible. My morning routine consists of Michael Dunn waking up and playing in his crib for about 30 minutes, when he starts crying I get up, make him a bottle and lay him down in bed with me while I try to get more sleep. What started with me trying to get more sleep has turned into special time with my sweet son. He is not content with just laying there letting me doze, instead he pokes me in the face, kicks me in the stomach and tries to grab my eyelashes. He finally lets me know he is done by throwing his bottle on my face and trying to climb over me (It is getting a lot more difficult as I get so much bigger.) I have really grown to appreciate this time with Michael Dunn and realized this morning what a sweet routine I have started. I think Michael Dunn enjoys it and it gives him special one on one time with mommy that he doesn't always get while he is eating as I get busier throughout the day.

1 comment:

Melissa said...

It only gets better....Noah gets up at about 5:45 every morning. If he doesn't want to go back to sleep....well, you get what I mean. Its not that bad. I love my mornings with my sweet boy too.
I am so glad to hear that you are doing so well. I hope that we get to see you in September! I miss you guys!!
Sending all our love from the Huish's in Oregon.