Superheroes in Training

Saturday, February 23, 2008

Michaels Visit

I can't believe how fast the time has gone.

Michael was able to come home for a 4 day break before they ship him to Afghanistan. He actually is on standby which means his unit is just waiting for the word and then they are shipping out. He is back at Fort Bragg while he is waiting.


His visit was wonderful. We picked him up at the Airport on Tuesday in the morning so we had most of the day. We mostly stayed home and just spent time together as a family. It took Michael Dunn a little while to warm up to his dad-maybe a couple of hours, but when he did he became a little suffocating! He would follow Michael around everywhere. At first Michael liked it, He told me that he wanted to respond well to him when he did it so he wouldn't stop coming. By the third day however he apologized to me for having such little patience with Michael Dunn. I think that came after Michael Dunn constantly would follow him into the bathroom and play with the toilet paper or try to have Michael hold him while he was in there, or when Michael would try to take a bath and Michael Dunn would come and try to climb in with him or splash the water... I could see it coming and it made me laugh because Michael Dunn loved being with his daddy and decided his daddy wasn't going anywhere without him!

One Funny story that happened while Michael was here.

I was holding Michael Dunn and sitting next to Michael on the couch. I leaned over to give Michael a kiss and pulled away to see Michael Dunn staring at me very suspiciously. I decided to do it again to see what happened. after I pulled back the second time I heard Michael Dunn make a very loud noise and he launched out of my hands onto my face. He then proceeded to give me the wettest noisiest kiss I have ever gotten, holding onto my face with both hands with his mouth wide open for about 15 seconds. During all this I was laughing and Michael said,

"I think Someone is jealous!"

I think someone was!

This was such a wonderful blessing and a wonderful vacation. I can't begin to express how much it meant to me to be able to see Michael again so soon even for such a short amount of time. I can't thank those people enough who helped us-especially my mom who went with us to the airport both times with is about a 4 hour trip both ways.

No comments: