Superheroes in Training

Monday, April 28, 2008

Blah-ging

Well I have not been in the mood to blog until today, so I thought I would overwhelm everyone with all of my thoughts and Blogs entries.

First 33 1/2 weeks along. i might stop taking pictures at this point having realized that I am way past cute and really far into uncomfortable. Luckily this is just a picture, most people don't see me waddling around because my hips feel out of socket and pulling down my shirt because unfortunately all my summer maternity shirts (short sleeves) are getting to small, and I don't feel like wearing me ugly long sleeve huge shirts.
I am only smiling because I have too, not because I actually enjoy taking these pictures.

OK. Second and long overdue update of my Eating Lifestyle.

I am still doing pretty good with some mild alterations to the plan. I was starting to lose weight (5 pounds) and realized for the babies sake that I needed to up the amount that I was eating and loosen up on some of my rules. So now after talking to Michael (Who is back on his base YAY!) I eat at least 2100 calories. That means more snacking for me, but it is worth it to have a healthy baby. I have a problem of going to extreme when it comes to my weight. I have a hard time not having (What my mom calls them) "preanorexic tendencies" I am NOT anorexic, but I become almost obsessed to a fault with controlling what I eat and when I eat. I enjoy feeling "In Control" which usually means I am a little out of control at that point. So knowing all this I changed what I was doing. Also I allowed myself to have Sugar for the first time Sunday. I felt HORRIBLE afterwards! I wanted to vomit and my stomach was being torn up. i think I will wait until AFTER I have the baby to try that again, because already having a slow digestive system, this did nothing to help with that! I am still motivated and going strong and look forward to the time when I can actually start running and being ready for February!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

great updates and by no means do you look huge... you look absolutely adorable and so does MD

yay for getting MDs stuff in by May 20 to start June 1

Melissa said...

Laurie, pregnancy is hard enough. You don't have to give yourself permission to eat all you want when you want, but dieting is never good when you're pregnant. You're beautiful and you'll have no problem dropping that baby weight. I still think you're cute too. =) I'm glad Michael's back on base.

Anonymous said...

I am so glad he is feeling better! yay for the both of you! And you are about to pop there missy!! But despite...you do look really good and still cute!

Joel and Crystal said...

You are one cute pregnant lady! And I love your new blog background!