Superheroes in Training

Wednesday, April 9, 2008

Update

Well I wanted to start doing weekly updates on how I am doing on this new eating plan. I feel it will help me to stay motivated!

I have been able to follow it really well and have been blessed to be able to have the foods necessary on hand. I LOVE the way I feel. I was surprised by how much more energy I had, how much less my back hurt, and how my moods evened out! And I have only been following this for a week! I am excited to see the long term effects! One thing that has really helped me is planning menu's and finding healthy meals that I am excited to try. Mornings are really easy for me since I am not too hungry anyway, so I snack on fruit until the afternoon when I make me a big salad and some side dish. Then I have a snack between Lunch and Dinner (Sometimes, There are times I wait until after dinner for my snack as long as it is before 8:00) And then Dinner I have another big salad and usually two small sides (Side dishes are things like a small corn on the cob and a recipe that I have tried) I have found a lot of really wonderful recipes that have really made this a lot less painful then it could be. One meal that I particularly like (I have had it twice this week) is a marinated chicken in Lemon juice wrap, and I thought that I would share!

Ingriedients:
  • 1 wheat tortilla
  • 1 ounce of chicken (really small piece)
  • a dash of lemon juice
  • a dash of garlic (can be powder or minced)
  • 1/2 teaspoon olive oil
  • 1/4 of a bell pepper cut into strips
  • 1/2 of a small tomato cut into pieces
  • lettuce
  • (optional) Cheese cut into strips ( I only use about 1/2 an ounce of cheese)
  • And I added a piece of turkey breast on it tonight
Heat Oil in a pan on stove. Cut up the chicken in small pieces and combine it with the lemon and garlic. Make sure the chicken is completly coated and then put into the pan. When the chicken is cooked all the way through add the Bell pepper and cook for about 2 minutes. Remove and place on flour tortilla. Add tomatoes, lettuce and cheese and enjoy!

My dinner this evening


Just for the record I am not following any specific plan, but have combined several that I like. I really like the plan of 90% of food eaten during a day is fruits and Veggies, so I try to do that, but I am not getting off of meat and dairy.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

good job! keep it up!

AmyLyn said...

Way to go Laurie! Awesome!