Superheroes in Training

Wednesday, April 2, 2008

Feeling Motivated

So while Michael Dunn is taking a nap I thought I would hop on. I was up late last night waiting for Michael to get on line so we could chat (He usually gets on about 10:00 and Michael Dunn goes down at 8:00 so I spend about 2 hours doing whatever I want) Last night I was Reading some friends Blogs and they were talking about changing their lifestyles. I got really motivated! I am not so much going to follow a diet plan that is outlined, but I am changing my lifestyle into a much more healthy way of living. I mean I was a nutrition major in college! I really have no excuse. The one I have currently been using is "I am pregnant and we can have EVERYTHING in moderation right?" so anyway this is what I have decided I want to change. Some of you might recognize, because I copied people here and there!
  • fruits and veggies until 12:00
  • At least one Salad as a meal
  • No eating after 8:00
  • No more sugar except once a week (I am the type of person That if I get off completely I will crave it and I will fail. This gives me some lee way and I am not eating near as much!)
  • Some form of Exercise Daily (Right now it is a walk, after I have the baby it will become more strenuous)
  • Lots of water
  • meat only three times a week
  • Most of my food intake will be fruits and veggies
I have other rules but these are the ones I am being very strict about. My sister Meg and I have talked for years about running a half marathon, and we have decided that next February is it. both of us are kind of stuck for the next few months while we wait for our new additions, but we are starting now to get into better shape and be more prepared!

I am super excited about this-more so then I have been in awhile! I am grateful for other people being such good examples and also posting things on their blogs to motivate others!

6 comments:

Kristina said...

ya I just started weight watchers.

Anne-Marie said...

Thanks for the post. I need a plan too! I can't wait until you guys do the half marathon! It is such a positive experience (so positive that now I know why people crave these races-they are so exhilerating (sp?)!

aimee said...

i have always wanted to run a marathon too..i suck at running but i just bought a jogging stroller to help get me motivated in that direction...

Melissa said...

I've run a 10k and that's about as far as I want to go, but I'm so stoked you have that goal for yourself. Running is a great way to stay or get in shape. I kind of miss it. I've been so demotivated to work out. I need to get my butt in gear.

Anonymous said...

GOOD JOB LAURIE!

AmyLyn said...

Laurie! Good for you! It's so much easier when you have a support system, so I'm glad you're starting too! I am so impressed with you Ross girls wanting to get healthy while you're prego! Stalwart!