Superheroes in Training

Sunday, April 13, 2008

I'm Tired

I feel tired today, though it is not the exhausted "I am going to pass out and my body feels super weak" tired but it's just an "I chase around a one year old all day" tired. I think Michael has decided to hit the "terrible two" stage a little early, though I wouldn't call him terrible at all. he is really sweet just really BUSY! I have given up cleaning my house during the day and have started doing it at night because my son Whirls through the house after me pulling things down, ripping things up and dumping things out. He seems to like to agitate other kids more too. I was watching Gavin my nephew yesterday and I had given him some gold fish to snack on while he watched a movie in my room. All the sudden I heard "NO! NO! NO MICHAEL! MY FISH! NO! NOOOOOO! (The last no was him starting to cry) I turn around to see what is going on and see Michael Dunn hightailing it out of my room with a handful of Gavin's goldfish and him giggling like crazy! It was hard to keep him away after that and he returned several times to Gavin's chair hoping to steal a few more. Sundays are always alot of fun too. I feel like I need to me much more strict with Michael Dunn in church and especially in Sacrament meeting but I don't have the energy. Instead I bring his favorite toys and hopefully enough snacks to keep him happy, which it never does, and usually most Sundays, despite my best efforts at distraction we wind up in the hall. He is just not content with sitting still. My sister-in-law Callie made him a Sunday church book for him last Christmas that he loves but unfortunately he does not look at it quietly and reverently, instead he snatches off all the pieces that you are suppose to stick on it and tosses it over the pew to the people behind us. he also gets so bored in Sacrament meeting and starts making a "ba ba ba ba ba" noise with his finger in his mouth as loud as he can. I am not complaining, sometimes it is entertaining to watch, at least I think it would be except I am the one who is suppose to keep him quiet. Though I am always entertained by other parents children

I did get new glasses last week. I am excited about them, I have needed to get them for 2 or 3 years but have slacked just getting by with my contacts, but it is so nice to be able to put them on at night and let my eyes rest.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

even though i am not in your ward i have no doubt you do a great job!

yay for new glasses!

Ivy said...

I love watching parents with their kids in church. I'm sure you do a great job with him, and if not, at least you're providing some entertainment to the people around you!

Joel and Crystal said...

oh man this sounds so familiar...chasing a one year old, while being pregnant...the one year old undoing everything you are doing...and wrestling with him in church. Nursery is a beautiful thing. We love you Laurie and I think you are an awesome mother!

Anonymous said...

yay for motherhood =)