Superheroes in Training

Monday, April 7, 2008

Michael Dunns Birthday!!!


Today has been a really fun day! It is crazy to think that my little boy is one! He is such a sweety. He woke up in such a great mood and smiled and danced as I sang happy Birthday to him. He is so much fun to have around the house! He followed me around until it was time for breakfast and then clapped everytime he took a bite of yogurt. he was still hungry and so I gave him a baby cereal bar that yes it ended up in his hair :)

Some things I love about my big boy
He is developing such a fun personality. I love that he claps when he thinks something exciting happens! Breakfast is always exciting because me clapping was how I would get him to eat some foods he didn't really like, so now at breakfast we clap! Also he loves the outside. He goes to the window every morning and stands and looks out. If anyone happens to walk by he will bang to get their attention. I love how anything new that he does is exciting for him as well as me. When he learned to walk he was so proud of himself! When he learned that his finger was the perfect size for the little hole in his nose huge excitement! How do you discipline a child that looks like he has accomplished so much? I love that he wants to be like mommy and eat the things he sees me eat (why should I eat this rice cereal, I don't see YOU eating it!) I love being his mother! Happy Birthday Michael Dunn!

His Birthday
Well it started out with Michael calling to talk to him. It was sweet to watch Michael Dunn listen to his daddy. He would smile so big and then kept trying to grab the phone back from me when they were done.We decided to have his party during the second half of Family home evening. We sang some songs with my moms home made egg shakers, which Michael really liked! and then after the family home evening we went to the Kitchen and opened presents. Michael got ALOT of stuff. I am tempted to take some of it up and give it to him at Christmas time! It didn't help that I got him most of the stuff! Though Michael had asked me to pick some stuff up for him after I had already grabbed him some things so it ended up being more then it normally would have been. Michael Dunn wasn't too impressed, but I think his older cousins were!



The big hit!
I forgot to take a picture of the cake before Michael Dunn got to it, but he totally got it. He had no problems diving right on in and making a huge mess! He also had no problems letting us know when he was done. I really enjoyed tonight, I know that 1st birthdays are more about the parents then the kids and I definitely enjoyed myself, but I think Michael Dunn did too. Thanks to everyone who came and helped out! I love and appreciate it soooo much!

Yes he is picking his nose!





When he was done!

Just for fun, this is what he looked like 1 year ago today!
Then

Now!

9 comments:

Joel and Crystal said...

Laurie,
This is an awesome post!!! I love all the pictures! His hair looks blonder now! Cute idea to put a picture of when he was born! Wish we could have been there. Please give him a hug from his aunt Crystal and Uncle Joel! Happy Birthday Michael Dunn! We love you!

Anonymous said...

great post! time sure flies with our kids!! good memories!

Melissa said...

What a cute kid! Love the cake pictures. they're always the best ones. I'm sorry Michael wasn't there, but he's also doing something very important.

Ivy said...

What a fun party! I see that he got some diapers, always a great birthday present!

Sam and Robin Packard's Place said...

Love the cake on his face!! It looks like he really really enjoyed his birthday! So sweet when they are excited about everything! Sweet post:)

Celia said...

What a fun day for our little boy. I'm so glad he got to talk to his daddy. You're such a good mom! Love the blog. Wish we could have been there to join the fun. Give our birthday boy a love from his G&G Huish!

Anonymous said...

wow happy birthday already!!! time is flyin'!! he is so cute laurie and i am so glad you guys are having so much fun! i miss hanging out and having our kids play together. how are YOU feeling by the way??? you'e lookin great!!r

Kristina said...

Happy Birthday to your little man. He's great!

Melissa said...

Happy Birthday Michael!! How fun. I love the pictures! Just think, you will have a two year old and an almost one year old this time next year!!!!