Superheroes in Training

Sunday, October 19, 2008

Continuing the Trip

Another Fun activity We did while in Oregon was go to The Cheescake fatory! Can you say Wow! It was delicious- At least the cheescake was. ( I highly recomend the Strawberry Cheesecake)We decdied to have a girls night out! Luckily the guys were fine with keeping ALL the kids and so Callie, Marie and I took off.

The Guys had a little fun before we left while Dad Huish was sleepDont worry- that is root beer :)

When we got there I looked at the menu and for some reason decided to branch out and try something I never had so i picked Calamari- Can I say NASTY!!!!! That is the last time I ever branch out-From now on I stick to what I KNOW taste good! The big problem with The calamari is they fried the tiny squids whole-I thought I would just get the tentacle or something- but being able to picture the squid in my head and then seeing the black of the body pushed me over the edgeThe Squid in all its glory-No offence but I think it looks disgusting even when they try to disguise the nastiness by breading it and frying it.
I am glad there are a bunch of brave eaters out there- Ya'll can eat all the squid and I can stick to my hamburgers and pasta.

6 comments:

Melissa said...

Now I'm wishing I had gone. I was so tired...Anyway, I love calamari!! I know, weird. I'm glad you had fun! I miss you!! Hope to see you soon.

Anonymous said...

i absolutely LOVE the cheesecake factory!! I am not a big fan of the calamari there though, but I have had it a few other places and it isn't so bad....theirs seem extra squidy haha

Callie said...

We just went again today!! So yummy!! We should do a girls night out everytime we get together, so much fun!!

Erin and Andrew said...

I may be slow but... no that's it- I didn't know how else to get you this so here it is!

Saltine Cracker Pie Crust

2 egg whites stiffly beaten
1/2 teaspoon baking powder
1 cup sugar added gradually
fold in 10 crackers - crushed fine
1/2 cup chopped pecans

Well buttered 9 in. pan
Bake 300 degrees for 30 minutes

Diane... said...

I'm "grandpa Huish's" cousin from Az. (use to be Utah)and I check in periodically to see whats happening in the Huish clan ... cousin Marla gave me your blog sites...hope it's alright!!! I love the pictures of Lin (is that a beer???!?) Wish he and Celia would come to our cousins reunion in Nov....do you have any influence?? What a cute family!!! THANKS!

Laurie Huish said...

Nope sorry i think that is a root beer bottle :) Thanks for leaving a comment!