Superheroes in Training

Saturday, October 25, 2008

YAY for good news!

Michael starts the trip home in two weeks!! It will take at least 2 weeks for him to get home- Maybe longer and he will have a week in Fort Bragg where they "debrief" him (Get him ready to be home) I am SO EXCITED!

And I have been meaning to do this for awhile- Michael's Birthday was on the 30th of August. I kind of forgot to blog about it then when I was thinking about evacuating and other stuff- But I don't want to not do it so here it is-2 months late :)

HAPPY BIRTHDAY MICHAEL!!! (ooey gooey ahead)
because every once in awhile you DO get on to check my blog- Here are some of my very favorite things about you :)

  • You are so sweet to me- You always put my needs above your own and treat me like I am the most amazing important thing in your life. I love how you are just as grateful to be my husband as I am to be your wife.
  • You are so GOOD! That was the first thing that stood out to me when I started talking to you way back when- You stood out. I had never met you but I knew from the first time I talked to you stood a head above the crowd- I wanted to marry someone like you-if it couldn't be you.
  • You honor me as a woman. I love the quote "The most important thing a father can do for his children is to love their mother" by David O. McKay. You truly set a wonderful example to our children about honoring woman hood.
  • You are a hard worker. before we got married I loved how strongly you felt about supporting our family and having me stay home. I also love how you do your best in every job- regardless of the job.
  • You are an advocate for motherhood- You honor and protect that calling sometimes more then I do. You acknowledge that it is hard work and you never make me feel like a slacker on my rough days
  • You love your children. I have never met someone so in love with their own kids. Everything they do is the best and no one can compete. I also love that you recognize that you view them with rose colored glasses on :)
  • I love your love for the country. I am so proud to be your wife at home. I am so in awe of your courage and your strength. I cannot begin to explain what this year away from you as done to build my love and respect for you. I love that you protect the freedom of those who cannot protect themselves.
  • You have a strong testimony. Even in a battle worn country you have maintained your love of the Lord and your faith in His gospel.
  • And I love how you see me differently then anyone else- You see my flaws and ignore them, you see my weaknesses and help me build them up- You truly think I am the most beautiful woman in the world- And you MEAN it! You see the woman I want to be, and treat me like I am already that woman. I love you with all of my heart.
Another picture that didnt turn out that great but that I LOVE

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

2 weeks IS good news! I am so happy for y'all!

Anonymous said...

Oh Laurie i am SO excited for you!!! I cannot imagine a sweeter reunion... You are a stronger woman than I could ever be!!

Joel and Crystal said...

Laurie!!!! That is awesome news!!! I'm so happy for you both. Where is Fort Bragg? I have a ton of respect for you Laurie and for Michael too. I'm sure it hasn't been easy being away from each other but listening of your experiences and watching you when I was home, I really admire you both. We love you! Thanks for sharing your GREAT news!

The Katy Daileys said...

What a relief! You are a strong woman for giving such great support to your hubby and being tough enough to not complain and just keep going forward. You both will be so blessed! I am glad to hear of the debriefing. I think my Dad's problems with depression stem from not enough of that coming home from Vietnam. They just know so much more now about how to help these soldiers. Congrats and I hope the time goes really fast for you!

Callie said...

Wonderful news!! So, he starts his trip home in 2 weeks and then it will take 2 weeks to get here?? Is that right?? Yeah!! So excited. Planning any trips to Utah or Oregon soon???

Millers! said...

So So So excited for you! 1 year is so long, and you seemed to do it with ease... although it probably was truley harder than you made it look! Congrats on him coming home soon!

Laurie Huish said...

Thanks so much for the sweet comments-Crystal Fort Bragg is in New Jersey. I am excited- While I try not to complain (Though My mom gets it when I do give it out) It will be such a relief and a blessing to have him back home!