I have been following a program outlined in a book called "Baby Wise" for Hyrums sleep schedule. It has been WONDERFUL! One of the things they tell you to do is to make sure the baby is awake after they eat during the day. Sometimes that is REALLY hard to do. no matter how much I tickle Hyrum he stays in a coma-like sleep. Today I decided to try using cold to wake him up (A trick i was told about in the hospital) THAT did the trick. Hyrum was up and screaming.
I didn't realize that MD was in the doorway watching all of this, however after a couple of moments of listening to Hyrum crying, he ran over to me grabbed what I was using away from me. As soon as he did that Hyrum promptly feel back to sleep.
I thought it was so sweet to see MD looking out for his little brother (even against mommy who was trying to wake Hyrum up to finish feeding him)
2 comments:
I LOVE Baby Wise as well! I wasn't as strict as the book was - but if you can wake them after they eat & then lay them down sleepy from the beginning ... your life will be so much easier. Also, don't rock them to sleep or let them sleep with you and if possible don't nurse them to sleep. We did not do this with Colby & he still comes in our bed & he is 6!! Good luck... wr
I wanted to ask you about your treadmill... where/how much/ etc.??
Post a Comment