Notes to self
Things I have learned about having a 15 month old

- He always makes me laugh. I have learned to never leave him with bowl of food and walk away because 2 seconds later it will wind up on his head and dripping down his face-and for some reason he always looks surprised
- Cooking a healthy meal for him is a challenge for both of us. It just makes me frustrated when I realize all my hard work was pointless when he refuses to eat it, pretends to gag when forced to take "ONE BITE!", Pushes the rest onto the floor and then eats the old pretzels he finds under the table from his last snack-which is all he wanted to eat in the first place.
- Gives the sweetest open mouthed kisses.
- He looks like he is going to be left handed -His daddy will be so proud!
- MD has an "organized mind" He loves to organize things around him-it just is not the same way I want it to be organized-He always puts his ball in the kitchen sink, my brush in the bathtub, my phone in the trash and my headband in the toilet.
- MD doesn't really say words-even mama and dada are just filler words that could mean anything. He does mimic me but that is about the extent. However we communicate wonderfully-If he is thirsty he brings me his empty bottle and throws it into my lap. If he is hungry he will take me by the hand and lead me to where I keep his snacks. If he is tired he will bring me his blanket and then whine. He really is so smart! He also understands things that HE wants to understand such as "Take aBath" or "Go outside!" and just recently I discovered he knows what it means to "Go get a ball!" and "sit"
- He is so BIG-He is wearing 2 year old clothes and starting to fit into three year old clothes. Lately I have been getting questions like "Why does he still drink out of a bottle?" or "What is he saying?" (After trying to pick words out of his gibberish) Then I have to tell the questioner that he is not 2 years old, but 15 months old and still very much a baby. (Just ask him)
- And as frustrated at I get at him, it always melts my heart when after he gets in trouble for doing something he wasn't suppose to do He looks at me with his big blue eyes full of tears and runs over and gives me a hug-And he does it EVERY TIME!
MD I am so glad that I am your mother
3 comments:
This is so sweet!
How cute! I think we've got a lefty too...
Laurie, you're going to cherish all these thoughts and memories you're writing down. What a precious record! I miss our little boy sooo much!
Post a Comment