
OK I am sorry about not answering the questions about the treadmill. I kept forgetting and when i would remember i kept getting distracted with the boys. OK I got a Smooth fitness treadmill that was on sale on the Costco website (Aaron and Melissa I thought of you when I bought it-it being from Costco and everything :)) I was the best deal for my price range. i was looking at motors and motor types (there are two types of motors) and then also at warranty and for a treadmill that would fit my purposes. The Smooth Fitness had a lot of positive reviews, a better warranty then alot of same priced treadmills, and the motor was better. I have been running on it for a couple of weeks and I LOVE it. It gives a great workout and it is so much easier to exercise when i have it right here in my home.
Just to show how great a workout it is let me give you an example. I started running last week and was unable to run more then about 5 minutes at a time. i have worked my way up to 15 minutes on the treadmill at one time now and am dying. I feel so out of shape. I decided this morning to try to run outside with the new jogging stroller and I was able to run over 45 minutes, pushing the kids and not stopping until I was through (Even in the Texas heat.) It was a MUCH easier workout to run outside then on the treadmill, but I feel like the reason I was able to do so much more outside is because the treadmill is forcing me to work harder. It is on a slight incline and it doesn't allow me to slow down at all so I have to keep a steady pace.
2 comments:
good to know! thanks!
WAY TO GO, Laurie!! I Can't believe you can run for a full 15 minutes on your treadmill...you've got to teach me how. I'm so proud of you for getting healthy!
Post a Comment