Superheroes in Training

Saturday, May 10, 2008

I found out some really good news last week and thought that I would share. Michael is coming for the birth of our son!!! He has known about it for a long time and wanted to surprise me (Though he is learning that I am not someone you can surprise very easily.) But I just happened to ask him the right question, and my husband being the extremely moral man that he is, couldn't lie and so I found out this wonderful news! I am so excited, it is the best gift I could have been given and I am so grateful that he gets to come home.

I had gotten use to the idea that I would have our son without him here, but the closer I got to the due date the more frightened I became. I would never have told him how scared I was about delivering a baby via c-section alone because I knew that he would feel bad, and I didn't want him to feel worse about not being there then he already did. I had talked to my mother who agreed to be in the room with me to hold my hand, but I still felt terrified. I cannot explain how grateful I am to have my husband be able to be there. I feel like I have been blessed beyond measure and I am so grateful to Heavenly Father for being so kind to me.

I have learned so many things from this experience of having him away, but the most important lesson I have learned is that the Lord loves me. He has blessed me in so many ways that I had always been to busy or narrow minded to notice. I have grown to recognize his hand daily in my life and know that his trials for us are just ways for us to draw closer to him so that he can bless us in ways we never realized.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I AM SO EXCITED FOR YOU!!! I HAD HEARD HUSBANDS WITH PREGNANT WIVES HAD FIRST DIBS ON R&R SO THAT IS NICE FOR YOU! I HAVE A FRIEND WHO JUST FOUND OUT HER HUSBAND WON'T GET AN R&R AT ALL. I AGREE THAT THIS IS AND AMAZING BLESSING! THANKS FOR SHARING!

Melissa said...

Yay!! What a great surprise. I'm so happy for you.

aimee said...

laurie i am so happy for you both! what a great surprise.. happy mothers day! when are you going to have the little boy?

Ivy said...

Great News! Happy mother's day!