Superheroes in Training

Sunday, May 4, 2008

Pregnancy fun

I have started hearing a lot of comments lately and thought it would be fun to put them down in case I ever try to forget this experience.

First comments with this pregnancy:
"Girl when are you due!" Asked by a grandmotherly type lady in the doctors office a couple of weeks ago.
"In about 6 weeks"
"I don't think you will hold out that long."
"Thanks" (How else was I suppose to respond?)

Also when asked how far along I was someone at church said (I am sure meaning to be kind)
"I thought you were further along then that"

A couple of weeks ago I was informed that a bunch of the primary kids weren't even aware that I was pregnant-just that I was gaining weight!

Today at church my home teacher asked me how far along and then kindly told me I looked small for being as far along as I am. I laughed not really believing him, but then to prove his point he asked a lady walking by when she thought I looked like I should be due- "tomorrow!"
was the reply.

The winner, of course this was when I was pregnant with Michael Dunn but I will always remember. (This is from my grandma)
"Laurie you look like you put on five pounds since I last saw you!"
"You saw me this morning"
"I know!"

anyway I think they are funny and for the most part they don't bother me (How can they when my brother-in-law Kenneth comments every time he sees me that I look REALLY PREGNANT-Love you Kenneth, and my son has started using my belly as his own personal trampoline?)

3 comments:

Melissa said...

Those are some hilarious comments. I bet you'll love having them written down later.

Anonymous said...

the "big as a house" style comments never really bothered me ... I actually really enjoyed pregnancy...now labor/delivery on the other hand is another story.

good job on writing them down!

Anonymous said...

I hadn't seen my niece in Colorado since I had gotten pregnant and when she saw me right before I had Adalie was born (about month 8), she said "Lydia! You got fat!" I was hoping it was because her mom didn't explain to well that I had a baby in there. I laughed....and cried a little too. haha