Superheroes in Training

Wednesday, May 21, 2008

Yesterday was one of those exhausting, seemed to drag out forever, yet action packed day that I don't experience very often (And most of the time I am glad not to)

I had a doctors appointment at 8:45 so at 8:00 I brought MD over to my moms and went to Beaumont. Everything is fine with the baby. I am at the once a week visits and I think I might be down to just one more doctor visit before the c-section. I hope so! Afterwards I stopped at the store to pick up this weeks supply of groceries. It's alot of fun going to the store in my current state because I get LOTS of comments and advice. Most of them are sweet like: "When are you due? CONGRATULATIONS!" or "What are you having? A boy? How wonderful" then you get the fun ones "Did you read the newspaper about pregnancy and cell phones?" or "dang girl! you need to go home and lie down!" I agree with you completely there. All this talk is giving me a headache.

Getting home several things happened:

1) MD followed me into the bathroom, saw one of my bras sitting on a chair and then threw it into the toilet. I felt like I was in a slow motion film as I leaped to rescue my bra yelling "NOOOOOO!" MD watched all this with a smile on his face. He then got upset at me for not letting him be the one to reach in and take it out.

2) I decided to give MD a bath and so I opened the curtain to find that MD has been throwing my things into the tub without me realizing. There was my lotion, some bubble bath soap and a cookie. I cleaned out the tub and tuned on the water when Md came in and apparently did not appreciate me cleaning out the tub. In went the lotion and the bubble bath again-and the cookie. I have never seen a cookie dissolve that fast. In seconds it had spread through all the water and I had to re clean out the tub and start all over.

3) Wasp attack. I am terrified of wasps! It has just intensified as I have become the sole wasp slayer in my house and is a job I will gladly turn back over to my husband. Today I was grabbing some cereal to eat when I felt something wiggling under my fingers. I screamed dropped the box and saw a wasp fly onto my stove. I run to my room (Luckily MD is screaming in his crib and sees me run into the room, which just makes him scream even more) I try to compose myself-deep breaths, reassurances to my self and prayers that the Lord will kill the wasp for me. For a minute I thought my prayers were answered as I hear a sizzling noise. The wasp had flown up into the light and was frying itself. Unfortunately it didn't do much and soon flew away onto another part of the ceiling. Finally I inch out of the room thinking 2 things 1) I guess this is how a mother bear feels (Because at that point I knew I had to kill the wasp because I didn't want it to sting MD, and 2) I wish I could move right now and just not deal with the wasp. If he wants this house he can have it! I crawled into the kitchen and then into the bathroom where I grabbed my hairspray. Somehow I was thinking that maybe if I sprayed him enough he would drop dead from the fumes. Unfortunately I had the wrong kind of hair spray. It squirts instead of sprays and never even reached the wasp. Finally hiding behind the bathroom door I grab my broom and whack the wasp from the ceiling. It got caught in the bristles of my broom so I start whacking it on the floor. The wasp is still not dead so I take the broom outside and leave it there. It is still there today. I am going to go buy a new broom as soon as I can. Md who hears all of this is screaming even louder, so I went to go pick him up and he got a 45 minute delay to his nap.

4) My Home teachers called and wanted to come by. I am looking around at my house-floor dirty because I can't sweep it with a wasp stuck in the broom, dishes dirty and MD's toys everywhere. I of course want to give off the appearance that I have everything in order and under control. Well not going to happen today. MD wakes up right before the Home teachers get here. I know he is hungry but not having time to get his dinner ready I grab some of my left over fruit smoothie in the refrigerator. He did not appreciate that! He sat on the floor and whined during the visit and kept coming up to me and biting my knee. finally in desperation (He apparently was starving to DEATH) he dropped on the floor and started sucking on his big toe. Needless to say my Home teachers wasted no time in offering to help in anyway they could from Manuel labor to having their daughters come and watch my kids for me.

5) To end it all MD woke up in the middle of the night screaming again (This is the third night in a row) The first night I got him up knowing he had probably had a nightmare or something had scared him, after that MD started waking up just so I would get him out of bed. Last night I just listened to him scream and decided that I want my children's rooms on the opposite end of my future house.

I think Days like this make me feel the monotony and the responsibility of being a mother. Not everyday is full of wonderful, spiritual and special experiences that make me so grateful for the job I am doing. It is WORK! Luckily I do have those "other" days enough to where I can remember that "Oh yeah I love my life...and my kid"

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

when it rains it pours sometimes and like you said it is WORK! you are doing a great job!

Ivy said...

What a day! Make sure you have some relaxing days before you have another little rascal add to the chaos!

Callie said...

I've had days like that!!