Superheroes in Training

Monday, May 19, 2008

Michael has been on another base for the past week. He won't tell me where and won't tell me very many details so I am guessing most of this is classified. He did tell me that right now he has been in meetings for days negotiating with the Afghanistan leaders about building new schools and clean water facilities. Michael says they will try to get them somethings but they are trying to encourage the Afghanistan government to come and help out, and if possible take over. He should only be on this base for a day or two more and then he flies back to Gardez.

Came across this picture the other day. This is Michael at Boot camp. I think he is 17 years old in this picture. Who knew 6 years from then he would be married with 1 and 3/4 children? Lucky guy :)

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

great pic! the pictures I have from jake's book camp are not as cool! thanks for the update.

today is the 20th did you get it all sorted out?

Anonymous said...

Cool Picture! Has he always wanted to be in the army? I think it is so cool and I am SO excited that he gets to come home and be with you and the baby for a bit! I am coming on the 10th and you better believe I will be stopping by to see that new little one!! Good Luck!!