Superheroes in Training

Thursday, March 27, 2008

Doctors Visit and miscellaneous

I just got back from my Doctors visit. I have only gained 1 pound! Yay!!!! Unfortunately the doctor did not compliment me on a job well done (Those of you who know my pregnancy history knows that gaining only 1 pound in two weeks is unheard of. I usually gain 5 or 6 and on one occasion 7) Those of you who wish to know the recipe to my success are in luck. It is fairly simple
Eat whatever you want
Go on walks
Play outside with Demanding son
eat a lot of slushed ice-lots of times I would fill up on that.
I actually am not really sure how I managed to pull off gaining only one pound (This is not a different life style then before, maybe my metabolism sped up) but I am excited none the less.

Things that are going on with Michael:
He has recently started a 15 hour workday. Before they were only doing 12 hours, so he is even more busy. Yesterday he went with his Major to meet with the chief of Police and the Governor of Gardez. I am not exactly sure how it went, but he has been given a lot of responsibilities. i am not sure if I have said what all he is doing now. He is currently The Humanitarian Aid representative. He is the one who the locals go to when they need something. He is also the Supplies Representative. With that soldiers come and tell him what they need and he goes to the supply place and tells the people in charge over there what is needed. Kind of the middle man as I understand. he is also the Civil Affairs Representative for his unit. Not sure what all that job entails, but it sounds like he is pretty busy.

Michael Dunn news
He is learning so much! I am excited for him in a whole new way then I was when he learned to crawl and then walk. It is wonderful to see him learning things and thinking about them. It is fun to watch all the new things he has started to do. He points now when he sees me pointing. He also leads me to where he wants me to go or what he wants me to get. (Most of the time he leads me to the front door. He wants to get out!) He also has started waving goodbye when he sees other people waving at him. The funniest thing I have noticed him doing is something that is a little embarrassing. I have noticed that he likes to click his tongue and thought it was sooo cute to watch. I found out a couple of days ago why he does it though! I was finishing up my breakfast and he was whining at my leg, so I picked him up and was finishing chewing my last bite. Suddenly I heard a loud clicking in my ear! I turned to see him smiling proudly at me and clicking away, only then was I aware of how loudly I was smacking! He was copying my bad table manners! it was so cute, and I love how proud he is of all his little accomplishments.

Some things I love about being a mom:
His sweet smile just for me when I get him up from his nap
The fact that I know I have to share whatever it is I am eating when he is around
That he copies me
That he has started having "conversations" with me
That in the mornings when he eats he still plays with my face
The feeling I have when I comfort him when he is scared or upset-There is something so fulfilling and rewarding holding a little baby and knowing that you are what he needs to be comforted
Dressing him up
watching him interact with his cousins
Seeing his opinion come out
The fact that I can make him laugh when no one else can
Having him sing with me as I sing him to sleep

Those were just things that I have been thinking of lately. I love being a mother!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Lol your amazing laurie and little md is very much of the same hope the 15 hour wrk days are going ok over there love you guys

Anonymous said...

can i just say i love love love those back pack "leashes"
i think you are awesome for having one! i need to get one now that aimi lark can walk :)

and thanks for the update on your husband.

Anonymous said...

You sound so excited about everything! I LOVE that!!