Things on my mind
Things that have been on my mind lately:
- Since being pregnant again I have noticed that my cravings are stronger and much more out of whack then they were with Michael. For instance I do not always crave things to eat, but to smell as well. I love the smell of Baby powder. Michael Dunn gets it put on his bottom every diaper change partly for that reason. I want to eat Junk all day long, but once 7:30 rolls around, I want fruit. Fruit smoothies are becoming a favorite bedtime treat. I want crushed ice anytime of the day, I was looking at pictures of my friends children playing in the snow, and I wanted snow! I love the feel of clean teeth. Before (as much as I don't want to admit this) I could care less how my teeth felt, I only brushed so my teeth wouldn't rot out of my head. Those are just some of the weird things I have noticed with this pregnancy.
- Michael Dunn. Well that is a given considering we spend most of the time together. he is at a somewhat difficult stage right now it seems. At least for him. He has become more and more clingy to me and finds more and more things to be jealous of. His latest pick is the computer. He hates it when I get on and sits at my knees and cries until I get off, occasionally pulling at my arms trying to force me away. Thus I try not to get on unless he is asleep or when Michael is online and we are chatting. I am also trying to spend more one on one time with him. He has formed some funny attachments to some of my things that he charges at at soon as he sees them (Like my lip gloss, and 1 of my bras) I have been increasingly more worried about my little guy when this new baby comes. he does not deal with me holding other babies very well, and gets very possessive of HIS momma. I am trying to think of ways to help combat that when the time comes and he is face to face with a new little boy that is not going anywhere.
- Easter: Not realizing until Last week That Easter was in march, I didn't think about it too much. Now I am in a hurry trying to get a package sent out to Michael and trying to rack my brain for cute ideas on what to send him. I got lots of ideas from family members (Mostly stuffing candy into embarrassing woman product boxes to see how manly my husband is) I opted for a more traditional and probably much more suited for Valentines Day approach. I have found quotes on families that I have cut and used in place of the "grass" that you put at the bottom of an Easter basket. I have written out Journal entries about him and wrapped them around candy and put them into eggs, and sent him some postings from this Blog for "easy reading" I also am sending candy toys and pictures. Not quite the focus on the true meaning of Easter that it probably should be but I wanted to give his a healthy dose of home.
- And last of course is Michael, who is constantly on my mind. We have been so blessed with our communication. He can't call me very often (We are at about 1 phone call a week) but we chat every morning for about 45 minutes on line (That is when Michael Dunn gets REALLY frustrated) and about 30 minutes in the evening. It has been wonderful. I feel so blessed to be married to such a kind man who loves the Lord, his family, and his country. I have often felt that I have married the ideal man (at least for me.) He also told me that they are still living the high life eating out, buying things and living like tourists. He will send me picture when he gets to where he is stationed. Apparently half of his unit is already where they are stationed, and Michael with a small group will be shuttled in in a week or so. I am glad Michael is having this time to relax and enjoy himself, and grow to love the people in Afghanistan and the country.
3 comments:
Laurie, I love your Easter idea of what to send Michael. He will love it, so creative!! You're such a good mother and wife.
I really enjoyed reading this post Laurie! We love you and miss you! And I agree with Callie about the awesome easter basket idea! He will love it. I'm glad you get to talk to him so often. Love you!
Laurie, you're on everyone else's blog, so I might as well get to know you as we may be neighbors soon--I cannot believe you're taking care of a son with a baby on the way without a husband! I'm seeing my husband every weekend right now while he works in Beaumont and I am staying here trying to sell our house in Hemphill, but I live for the weekends...my heart goes out to you. You are doing a very courageous thing...good job!
Post a Comment