Superheroes in Training

Thursday, March 20, 2008

Twilight Review

I read book one and two. I personally didn't like it as much as I thought I would (Sorry to all you avid twilight fans out there) However I do like some things about the book.

Things I liked

1) I was in a mood for a feel good romance (A chick flick book) and Twilight
definitely filled the requirement.
2) I actually enjoyed most of the first book because (and I do this with all movies and books that I read) I put Michael my husband in the place of the hero and actually there were several similarities between him and Edward (VERY protective of me and is someone who treats me like I am delicate..Luckily he didn't see how I was raised :) )
3) Interesting story line that I haven't really come across before so it was nice reading something "fresh"


Things I didn't like

1) It was written by a member. I have a hard time enjoying books that a member has written because I hold them to a higher standard. I was
disappointed by the Language that was used in the books and the fact that Bella was a bit of a Hormone rush when it came to Edward.
2) I got tired of reading about how
absolutely perfect Edward was. It seemed like every time he was mentioned I would read the same description of him over and over.
3) Bella's complete lack of coordination annoyed me in the end because it seemed like she could not do anything without hurting herself. How did she even make it to being 17 before she met Edward?
4) For someone so "ordinary" every boy around her falls in love with her
5) And last. In the second book I didn't enjoy the time they were broken up. I was bored and it bugged me how Bella treated Jacob.


Sorry this is just my opinion I hope I haven't offended any of
ya'll out there who love the book. Just so you know, I am planning on seeing the new movie when it comes out, and that I did think it was an enjoyable read, it is just not on my list of favorite books.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

I JUST HEARD OF THIS BOOK/S LAST WEEK AND I AM GLAD FOR YOUR REVIEW B/C I HAD NO DESIRE TO READ THEM

BRZZ Odom said...

you gotta read the 3rd book. The second book was sad (i thought), so you gotta finish it w/ a bang. 8)

Ivy said...

I just finished the first book last week, and I agree completely! I found her lack of coordination a little unrealistic, but it was a fun story. By the way, I love reading your blog - little Michael is adorable!

Anonymous said...

My sister-in-law LOVES those books. I haven't quite convinced myself to read them yet though. I guess I have to read them before I can say I don't know what all the hype is about. And I agree with you about books written by members...that petistool(sp) can be pretty high for me too. lol

Kristina said...

I agree! I have no desire to read this series and you have solidified that desire because I trust your judgment. I also agree about LDS authors.