Superheroes in Training

Wednesday, March 12, 2008

Michaels Day:
A part of Michael's email to me
Things here are going good. It is going to take a little bit of time to get in the swing of things. but we should be able to get on a good routine. I have a lot of responsibility here. We have a lot of projects in the works if we finish them all we will spend over literally millions of dollars just here in Gardez. so far I have been designated as the humanitarian aid and supply guy. you can imagine a lot comes with that.

Our Day:

Started out the day with a bubble bath-He didn't get THAT excited about it, but he sure enjoyed eating the bubbles! I let him have pizza for the first time-which he LOVED! I won't be able to do this very often, but it was fun to watch him enjoy it. And then off to play outside. Can you tell that he is proud of himself for standing up like a Big Boy?

Other fun things:


As unimpressive as this might look, It was fun to decorate! (It tasted about as good as it looked though!) What was impressive to me was 1) Easy to do (All I had to do was buy the Angel food cake, the whipped cream, and the strawberry glaze) and 2) Low in calories -or it was until I added all the good things to it, though I am refusing to acknowledge that the whipped cream and the glaze added any calories. I enjoy my food more that way. And this made me laugh. Michael was SOOO tired when I returned home from the Doctor on Monday that after I put him down on the floor and gave him his sippy cup, I left the room to put some of my things away and came back to this. Poor guy, I had to get him up so we could go to His doctors appointment.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

wow hes adorable the pizza picture is so cute we have great kids

Anonymous said...

YOUR HUSBAND DOES SOUND BUSY! HOPEFULLY SUPPLY WILL KEEP HIM ON THE BASE MORE AND LESS ON CONVOYS.

AND MD IS SO CUTE! I LOVE WHEN KIDS JUST FALL ASLEEP ON THE FLOOR/STAIRS/PLAYING ETC.! MINE ONLY DID ONCE WHEN SHE WAS SICK.

Laurie Huish said...

This is the first time he has done it! So of course I pull out my camera :)
Thanks for all of ya'lls comments!

Joel and Crystal said...

Laurie,
I really enjoy looking at your blog! Michael Dunn is soooo cute and I want a piece of that angel food cake! Looks delicious!!! Love you!